Friday, February 18, 2011

Pancetta Green Beans - FFWD

This week’s FFWD. The beans I bought were very tasteless so they needed the boost in flavor that this recipe gave them. Lots of pancetta, butter, olive oil, & salt will do that :). Good & easy side dish...we had this with beef tenderloin & mashed potatoes.

Also this week, I made the Gnocchi a la Parisienne again using mostly sprouted spelt flour for the gnocchi and cheddar and pepper Jack for the cheese. Turned out great. The gnocchi were a little dense but I can whip some of the egg whites next time to lighten them up as the recipe suggests.

9 comments:

  1. Which beef tenderloin recipe do you like best? I usually do the ina garten one but I am open to trying a new one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made my sad (and incredibly expensive!!) green beans MUCH happier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great greenbeans! I never thought I would put a post on my blog about Greenbeans!HA! It just shows how amazing Dorie is!!

    I added tons of salt too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This definitely put some much needed life in mid-winter storage beans... I can't imagine how wonderful it will be with fresh off the vine beans! I bet the spelt gnocchi were yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOh tenderloin and mashed potatoes too ? PERFECT. Great job and your photo is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like the beans were a winner with everyone...and really good for beans at this time of year!

    Mary, I didn't do anything special...just put salt, pepper, & olive oil over the tenderloin and roasted at 450º until rare. So, nothing special & it was good enough. I am interested in your Ina Garten recipe, now! I don't make tenderloin often but I can't pass it up if I see it on sale...Colonial Market (IGA) has it on super-special sale pretty often, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The beans look great and I'm glad to hear your spelt version of the gnocchi was workable. I want to try a gluten-free version some time.

    ReplyDelete